The Birth of Noah John

One of the first things I read on Facebook this morning, was that this little man turned ONE today!  I thought what a perfect time to re-share his birth story, on our new website…but I soon realised that I had never blogged it in the first place!  And now a whole YEAR has gone by, and it’s his first birthday.  Oops!!!

So, with what I remember from a year ago (which is patchy, but of course the photographs help!), I thought I would post about it today :-).

Holly initially enquired with me back in September 2016, and I met her and her partner Jamie in November.  They booked in for maternity, birth, and newborn sessions, which I was very excited about.  I love to tell stories through my images, and of course the story of a growing family is the ultimate one to tell.

The next time we saw each other was in March 2017, for their maternity session at Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens.  Holly initially thought that her two older boys would be too difficult during a session, but I convinced her to bring them along.  I love a challenge!!!  We ended up getting some gorgeous images, and the boys were perfect, so I was very glad that the whole family came along <3.

After a false alarm in late March, and then luckily bubs waiting for me to get back from a cruise (which was well before his due date, but he was well intending to come early!!!), the message finally came a 10:30pm on the 2nd of April that the little man was FINALLY on his way (ten days early lol)!

Holly’s waters broke at home, so they were off to the hospital.  I joined them at around 1am, but things were slow-going.  After pacing the corridors for a few hours, it was decided at almost 4am that I should go and let them rest for a while.  I rejoined them at around eleven, when they had just started the drip to bring on proper labour.

It was a steady pace from that time on – anyone that has been induced will know what I mean!  And when Holly started asking for an epidural, I was pretty sure that meant her little guy would be arriving soon.  Sure enough, as soon as they laid her down after putting it in, she started to push.  And little Noah John was born shortly after!

Then it was time for weighing and measuring, and cuddles all around – including Holly’s mum who arrived soon after the birth.  And before I knew it, it was time to leave them in peace with their new little bundle.

And, I know I say it ALL the time, but I REALLY can’t believe that was a whole YEAR ago!!!

Beck Newell – Birth Photographer, Adelaide

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *